An active Roof Maintenance Program (RMP) ensures the longevity of your roofing system. Less than 1% of roof failures are caused by defective roofing materials, leaving poor installation, severe weather, damage from other trades, and a lack of maintenance to blame. In order to obtain the full life cycle performance from your roof system, it must be regularly inspected and maintained a minimum of once per year.
Life Cycle Solution – The Key to Long Term Roof System Performance
Roofing professionals and manufacturers agree that a long term roofing system requires:
Proper System Design
Quality System Installation
Active Roof Maintenance Program (RMP)
It’s important to commit to extending the life of the commercial roof system early on. Click here to more information on the cost-effectiveness of an annual roof maintenance program and tips on the incorporation of a successful plan.
Helpful Questions to Assess Roof Conditions and Budget Requirements
- What type of roof is on the property?
- How much insulation is under the current roof system?
- Is there sufficient slop to allow for proper drainage
- Is there ponding areas that hold water that may shorten the membranes service life?
- Has there been damage done by other trades or excessive foot traffic to shorten the membrane service life?
- Have previous roof repairs been completed to manufacturer's specifications?
- Do I have any storm / hail damage to my properties roof?
- If so, what do I do next?
- What condition are the roof penetration flashings (not warranted by Manufacturer)
- What other conditions on the roof would not be covered by the roofing manufacturer?
- What know repairs will require immediate attention?
- What known repairs will need to be completed in the next 6 - 12 months?
- Are certain areas of the roof experiencing more problems than others?
- How many years can the property's roof be expected to last if not maintained?
- I have not had any roof maintenance done on my property. Do I still have a valid manufacturer warranty?
- Once necessary repairs have been completed, how long can I expect my roof to last?
- What should I budget for roof repairs for this calendar year?
- What is the current cost for roof replacement if necessary?
- What options do I have in lieu of replacing the roof?
Contact us today to create a Roof Management Program including our Roof Audit Report that is custom-tailored to your needs and budget.